7/19/2013

Chocolate Dumplins

So, this is a recipe that I created out of necessity. We were having a fellowship dinner at church and I had half of the ingredients for apple dumplins and half the ingredients for chocolate/peanut butter rolls. I figure, two halves make a whole so why not go for it! It must have been good, because I came home with an empty dish :)





Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 bag chocolate chips
1 can crescent rolls
powdered sugar or chocolate syrup (for topping)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Fill each triangle with 1 TBSP chocolate chips. Roll up and pinch ends shut so chips don't fall out. Place in a 13x9 baking dish. In a saucepan combine sugar and butter on medium heat. When butter is melted, add vanilla. Pour mixture over dumplins. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until brown. Top with powdered sugar or chocolate syrup.


Tips: I used 1 and a half tubes of crescent rolls to make sure I had enough for everyone. I used Ghiradelli chocolate chips

No comments:

Post a Comment