8/22/2012

Island Pie

I came across this recipe in a cookbook a while back (don't remember which one or I'd give credit). It's a super yummy pie. In fact my husband asks me to make this at least once a week. I confess that I use a store-bought pie crust :)




Ingredients:
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. butter, melted and cooled
1 c. walnuts (I use pecans)
1 c. chocolate chips
1 9-inch pie crust

Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl mix the sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until well blended. Add the cooled butter and stir until smooth. Add the walnuts (or pecans) and chocolate chips. Pour into pie crust and bake for 30-40 minutes.

Tips:
  • I prefer to use chopped pecans, but you can use halves
  • I add the vanilla to the eggs and then add that mixture to the sugar and flour.
  • Make sure the melted butter is cool before you add it!

No comments:

Post a Comment