3/13/2013

Skillet Chicken

First of all, allow me to apologize for my serious neglect of this blog. I've been so swamped by life in general that I have failed to update this. That being said, I have discovered a super yummy way to cook chicken :) I'm sure I'm not the first person to cook chicken this way, but I love it! It is quick, easy, and best of all it's versatile. This recipe can easily be modified to fit your taste preferences. So, without further ado, here it is:



Ingredients:
Chicken Tenders
1/3 c. flour
Italian Seasoning
1 stick butter
2 TBSP chicken broth

Melt 1 stick butter in a skillet (I prefer an iron skillet) over medium heat. Pound chicken tenders 2 or 3 times with a meat mallet. Lightly coat chicken with flour. Place in pan and sprinkle with seasoning. Cook 5-6 minutes then turn. Cook another 5-6 minutes. Turn heat to low, add broth, cover, and cook 1-2 minutes.

See...super simple. Now here's some variations:

Lemon-Pepper Chicken-use lemon pepper instead of Italian seasoning and use lemon juice instead of broth.
Use water, lemon juice, or lime juice in place of broth.

There are many other ways to change up this recipe. Just play around with it and most of all, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment