5/13/2015

Cowboy Cookies (a.k.a. THE Potty Training Incentive!)

So, my youngest is now in full potty training mode. I decided I needed a good potty training incentive to help her along. Since she is my little cookie monster, I figured I'd go with one of my favorite cookie recipes to encourage her in her endeavors ;) Without further ado, here's the recipe for my Cowboy Cookies!

Ingredients:

1 c. shortening
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla (I prefer maple extract)
2 c. self-rising flour
1 1/2 c. quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 c. chopped nuts (I use pecans)
6 oz. chocolate chips
1 c. raisins

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. Cream shortening and add sugars. Beat well. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Add vanilla. Stir to blend well. Add flour a little at a time. Mix to blend thoroughly. Last, stir in oatmeal, nuts, chocolate chips, and raisins. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet and bake for 13 to 15 minutes. 
BONUS: This dough freezes really well. Simply roll leftover dough into a log and wrap with plastic wrap. If your going to be freezing it for more than a couple of days, put the wrapped log into a freezer bag. When ready to bake, simply unwrap, slice off cookies, and bake.

Makes 4 dozen large cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment